Wednesday, December 3, 2008

International Students Going Home, A Scientist and a Contiki Tourer

At this time of year I come across many international students who are studying in Australia and are on their way home for their end of year break. One of these was a student at ANU who was staying at a residential college on campus just down the road from the one I used to live in a very long time ago - way back in the 70's. Brought back some pleasant memories. :)-

I also talked to a scientist who had been here doing some research in collaboration with Adelaide University. He did tell me his field of interest but it now escapes my mind, I'm afraid.

Then there was the young English girl who had just done a Contiki tour from Cairns to Sydney and a German sister and brother who took a campervan down the Queensland coast. Talking to some of these people certainly contunies to whet my appetite for all the parts of Australia I should hurry up and go and see!

Others on their way out of the country included a guy who had attended a friends wedding in the Kangaroo Valley area in NSW, a conference attendee at Sydney University and a middle aged UK couple who were disappointed about missing their Bangkok stopover on the way home due to the airport closure and political turmoil in Bangkok. They did have a good Aussie stay though.

Till next time.

Peter

Souvenirs Australia Warehouse

No comments: